The time to prepare is now.
Points to remember:
1. (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment. Utilizing the appropriate protective equipment based upon the task performed. Examples of equipment include chemo gowns, gloves and masks.
2. Facility design. Hazardous drugs must be stored in negative or normal/neutral pressure. Compounding must be completed in certified biological safety cabinets or compounding aseptic containment isolators in a separate room with negative pressure.
3. Cleaning. Cleaning of HD areas must include Deactivation, Decontamination, and Disinfection.
4. Supplemental Engineering Controls. Closed-System Drug-Transfer Devices (CSTD) should be used when compounding and shall be used when administering.
5. Medical Surveillance. USP800 will mandate policies and procedures for medical surveillance purposes, such as testing and monitoring of staff for exposure to HDs.
Integrated Medical Systems is dedicated to providing you cost effective cleanroom supplies.
IMS also carries the “ChemoLock” CSTD from ICU Medical. ChemoLock is one of three CSTD’s which carries the ONB designation for CSTD. Contact your IMS Sales Representative for more information or click here to shop online.
To download the Proposed 800 Hazardous Drugs-Handling in Healthcare Settings click here.
Integrated Medical Systems, Inc. provides a broad line of medical disposables from all of the leading manufactures within the I.V. Infusion industry. We are constantly adding new medical products to our offering, so if you don’t see it in our catalog just give us a call or e-mail with your inquiry. In addition to our current product line we have added disposable products from respiratory, enteral feeding, safety products, clean room, medical waste disposal and employee protection.